Sunday, January 16, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
I signed up for a module at the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies. It is a branch of Nanyang Polytechnic. As the name suggest they are devoted to teaching and training workers from the retail sector.
I chose to study the module - Set Up a Retail Business. This is one of the 9 modules that will lead to a Diploma in Retail.
In order to earn a Diploma In Retail Management you have to take 7 Core modules and 2 Elective modules.The following subjects make up the 7 core modules
1) Manage Merchandising and Store Presentation
2) Manage Finance for Retail Operations
3) Manage marketing Strategies
4) Lead and Manage Work Teams
5) Retailing and the Economy
6) Manage Service operations
7) Manage human Resources to Achieve Service Excellence
1) Set Up Retail Business
2) Buy Merchandise