Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back to school

It has been 7 years since I last went to school for training.It was not so easy back then to get the government to fund your training. It was administered by the Skills Development Fund (SDF). You need your comany's human resource department to send in the paperwork.If your bosses agree to send you for training there were usually a bond involve.This bond can last from 6 months to a year.I got approval to attend a course conducted by TMIS. It was an UFTA Dilpoma.The travel agent that I worked for would send in the paperwork and the cheque for 10 percent of the course fees.I had to reimburse the course fees from deductions to my pay. This was illegal but I agreed to it as I was eager to get certified.

I had to attend classes 3 times a week in the evenings. It was tiring and I screwed up in the exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment